Mulayyanagiri is the highest peak in Karnataka, India. Mullayyanagiri is located at 13°23′26″N 75°43′18″E / 13.39056°N 75.72167°E in the Chandra Dhrona Hill Ranges of the Western Ghats of Chikmagalur Taluk.
Mullayanagri, lush with every possible shade of green and speckled with possibly the highest number of freshwater lakes in a mountain range, is the highest mountain peak in Karnataka. Mulayyanagiri is an excellent place to see near chikmagalur.
Nearby places of interest
- Caves: Three large caves said to have been sanctified by three siddhas contain their icons and gaddiges (tombs) and an annual ‘jatra’ (fair) is held here in their honour. The enthralling scenery makes this a much frequented pilgrim centre.
- Seethala contains a ‘matha’ and the dual shrine temple of ‘Seethala-Mallikarjuna’.
- Waterfalls: A short distance from here are the three waterfalls with epic associations, namely Gada Theertha, Nallikayi Theertha and Kamana Theertha near Attigundi
- Gada Theertha, according to a myth was created by the pandava prince, Bheema with his ‘gada’, the club, to quench the thirst of his mother during their exile.
- Pilgrims who bathe in the Nellikayi Theertha formed by Manikya Dhara waterfall, leave behind one item of their clothing as per a local belief.
- Galikere is a lake near the temple, can be accessed by walk of 2 km
Surrounded by coffee plantations, Baba Budan Giri Hills are a sight to behold. Home to the cave shrine (Dattatreya Peeth) of the Sufi mystic, the place attracts many devotees!
Tourism near Bababudangiri
The tourism industry in India have brought forth many hotels, resorts and homestays in Chikmagalur with a wide range of choices from luxury, semi-luxury and budget. Depending on the peoples interest there are wide range of accommodation in and around 20 kms of radius.
Best Homestays near Bababudangiri
These are some of the best homestays near Bababudangiri tariff ranging from Rs 1800 to Rs 3500. Many homestays makes comfortable in having a malnad multi cuisine feast.