River Tern Lodge Chikmagalur – Jungle Lodge
Nestled in the Western Ghats the River Tern Lodge gets its name from the nearby island that attracts hundreds of river terns during the breeding season. It is located on a hillock on the edge of the Bhadra reservoir, near Lakkavali: a stone’s throw away from the northern boundary of the Bhadra Tiger Reserve, in the Chikmaglur district. Chikmaglur was once a princess’ dowry – and still holds the charms of a place that a king’s favourite daughter once took as her dowry. Amongst all this, is a perfect place to form a whole new bond with nature.
With the soft ripples of the river’s backwaters providing a subtle background score, rest and tranquility are what this experience is about. The River Tern Lodge is a pleasurable experience from the word go! The Bhadra Tiger Reserve is about 4 km from the Lodge. A jeep safari in the evenings offer the opportunity to sight leopards, tigers, gaurs, elephants, crocodiles, deer, wild boars, monitor lizards, etc. Bird-lovers are in for a treat with over 200 species including, grey jungle fowl, White rumped shama, Racket tailed drongo, Malabar pied hornbill, Brown fish owl, Grey headed fish eagle, Osprey, White bellied sea eagle, River terns (January to June), Serpent eagle, Crested hawk eagle etc. calling these forests home. A visit to the Tyverekoppa Lion and Tiger Safari and to the Sakkrebyle Elephant Camp, are also options from the River Tern Lodge. Feel like frolicking in the water a bit? The camp has facilities for kayaking, swimming along with kayaking and boating . All water-based activities are supervised by well-trained experts and adhere to stringent safety guidelines. After a well-spent day, come to the Gol Ghar, the camp’s group dining hall for a dinner that closes the day on a perfect note. The buffet serves both vegetarian and non-vegetarian fare.
The River Tern Lodge is a pleasant place to visit throughout the year. June to September finds the entire sanctuary lush and green from the monsoons. Summer months (March – May) might be a little warm.
Loghut: Accomodation Type: Loghut (8) – From ₹9750 INR / Per Person
Deluxe Package: Accomodation Type: Cottage (15) – From ₹8450 INR / Per Person
Tariffs are per person per night on twin-sharing basis(For Single Occupancy 30% extra & Camera charges extra as applicable).
Note: Tariffs are dynamic, subject to change without prior notice.
Package Includes: Location of the selected accommodation, stay, lunch, evening tea/coffee and snacks, wildlife film show, dinner, breakfast, jeep safari, boat safari in to the Bhadra Tiger Reserve, forest entry charges and 18% GST.
*Seasonal hike applicable on above tariff
- Tariffs are per person per night on twin-sharing basis
- Transfers to & from our resorts are not included in the tariff.
- Single occupancy charges are applicable.
- Tariff for children (accompanying parents) between 5 and 12 years is 50% discount on the tariff.
- Tariff May be changed without prior notice.
- Dress for comfort. Do avoid bright colours and stick to muted shades of green, black, grey and brown. The more you meld with the background, the better.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Avoid smoking – anything can start a forest fire.
- You’ll be spending a lot of time outdoors. Don’t forget your hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, torch, etc.
- Avoid plastics. We’re really trying to cut down on plastics.
- PETS ARE STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED