About the Destination:
Enjoy a picturesque hill town, Kemmanagundi which is ringed by the Baba Budan Giri Range and enveloped by true Chikkamagalur-style Western Ghats beauty. Today, this single secluded peak; also known as KR Hills and crowned by Krishna Raja Wodeyar as his summer abode, offers ardent trekkers a destination for their tryst with adventure. This 12 hours long trek covering a distance of 20 km will take you through a landscape stroked with lofty hills, innumerable streams and brooks, extensive coffee estates, waterfalls and ornamental gardens tucked amidst lush green forests.
Around 10 pm, begin an overnight journey from Bangalore that will take you to the base camp Gaali Kere, in Chikkamagaluru. After a wholesome breakfast at around 7 am, your daylong trek under the guidance of a certified instructor to Kemmanagundi begins. The hill station also boasts of Mullayanagiri, the state’s tallest peak. Reach the Kemmanagundi peak, unwind and become a part of this breath-taking setting. Around noon, relish packed lunch amidst mist clad peaks and crisp mountain air. Explore the surrounding estate and nature trails and return to camp in time and around 4 pm to pitch tents for an overnight stay. The evening comes alive with a campfire and self-styled farm cooking for dinner. Call it a day and sleep under the stars.
The second day starts at the crack of dawn. With breakfast done, you start an early morning trek to Mullayanagiri. A three-hour trek takes you atop the peak. A swift brush with the beautiful natural canvas gears you for trek downhill to base camp. You have the option to detour on another trail down the captivating Hebbe Falls. A well-earned lunch at the base camp transcends into preparation for your return journey. As you arrive in Bangalore around 10 pm, the charismatic Kemmanagundi is part of your rich repertoire of experiences recharging you to plug-back into your busy schedule.
Duration: Around 12 hours spread over two days and one night
Activities: Trekking, Camping, Dinner by Campfire, Waterfall visit
Difficulty level: Moderate
Group Size: 15+ members
- Meals: 1 Breakfast, 1 lunch, evening snacks, 1 dinner
- Certified instructors charges
- Overnight camping in tents
- Transportation to and from Bangalore
Things To Carry:
- Jackets/Sweater -Night and mornings are cold. The weather is highly unpredictable. Therefore, carrying a light jacket or a sweater is recommended.
- Cap/Hat -A cap or a hat to cover the head and face against the direct sunlight during peak hours.
- Sun screen lotion
- Comfortable shoes
- Water bottle -1 Liter water bottle is sufficient as fresh water is easily accessible in the place
- Torch -A small sized torch is helpful. You would not like to be restricted after the sunset.
- Sun shades -For your convenience
- Consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicating products is strictly prohibited during this trip
- For safety purposes, do pay heed to the guidelines given by the instructors
- Plastics (like chocolate wrappers, water bottles, beverages bottle, poly-ethane covers, etc.,) should be carried back to Urban jungle
- Do NOT Litter and scatter plastics and bottles on the Roads. Please Carry the trash and dump at your place of stay
- Take care of your belongings-mobiles, wallets, cameras